If you are someone looking for a solution for your hair loss problem, you might face the laser therapy way on the Internet. What about this treatment and its advantages and disadvantages?
It is getting common with its best advantages: it has no known side-effects. Laser therapy is just easy by not requiring combing, nor applying messy solutions to the calp.
The reasons why you should read this article about laser therapy, and follow its recommendations:
- Laser therapy increases your cell metabolism and the health of blood vessels in the scalp so that you can have thicker, supple and more durable hair shafts.
- Laser therapy has a big potential to stimulate the sebaceous glands for your lovely and silkier-looking hair.
- Laser therapy might increase melanin production in your hair follicles, darkening gray hairs.
What Is Laser Treatment for Hair Loss?
Everyone is curious about the laser treatment method for hair loss. Low-level laser therapy is also known as red light therapy and cold laser therapy.
The way it follows is just easy: laser treatment irradiates photons into scalp tissues by absorbing by weak cells to encourage in order to grow hair roots and hair itself.
By many doctors and experts, it is seen as one of the safe, tolerable methods especially when it compares to the hair transplant surgery way.
Of course, it is quite hard to say the positive result is 100% but the conclusion of the medical community ensures you about the fact that it works for the majority suffering from hair loss problem.
It is still in progress and needed more research but here are the references to convince you about the success and safety of laser treatment way:
- According to a 2014 study, low-level laser therapy appeared to be safe and effective for hair growth in both men and women.
- A 2013 study, of 41 males ages 18 to 48 found that laser hair treatment provided a 39 percent increase in hair growth over a period of 16 weeks.
As far back as the 1960s, laser hair therapy that is also known as photo biotherapy has shown extraordinary benefits in stopping the progression of androgenic alopecia, or hereditary pattern hair loss, in both men and women.
The Advantages of Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
There are many positive sides of laser treatment; it is noninvasive, and it is painless.
When it comes to the side effects, there is no side effect you need to get worried. This method just easily increases your hair strength, and it prevents hair loss.
Other Benefits of Laser Treatment
There are many extraordinary benefits of laser treatment for hair growth. Here are some of the results you will experience after the laser treatment:
- This method stops your hair loss for sure. Everybody, your close friends, your family members will be jealous of your glorious hair.
- Most importantly, not only preventing hair loss but also this treatment helps to regrow new hair so that you will have again your former looking of hairstyle.
- After the treatment, you will realize that it increases shine and manageability of your hair. Fixing your hair will be easier after that!
- It is a safe treatment method since there is no heat when applying. In fact, Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is environmentally safe.
- Apart from that, with the tools they use and apply, it enables to improve the texture of your hair.
- Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is relatively fast considering other modes of hair re-growth.
- If you used to apply another method, or if you are planning to use another hair loss treatment, it is okay with laser treatment. There is no problem or risk; the laser treatment can be used with other treatments.
- The laser treatment consists of portable devices or handheld ones, which will you read under the next title.
- It is also good to know that there is no harsh chemicals of this hair loss treatment way.
- There are some clinics to apply this method at home. Because of this home therapy opportunity. you do not have to deal with appointment issue.
- It is also effective for over processed-hairs. It repairs thin hair and makes it grow again. That means you will have thicker and fuller hair at the end of the day.
- It enhances deep conditioning treatments, and also it is guaranteed that your hair coloring will be longer-lasting and more vibrant than the former one.
- The blood supply to the scalp increases by 54% after just one treatment.
- This treatment delivers light energy that comes directly from different positions without the loss of light properties to insure appropriate dosage.
The Disadvantages of Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
- Compared to other hair loss treatment ways such as handmade hair mask, and some mediation techniques, laser treatment is quite expensive for sure.
- Being that much expensive laser treatment is also about the fact that this treatment might be needed more than one treatment. It means time-consuming for some.
That means, it requires several times to go for new sessions to get the best result. Some doctors and experts might even suggest you continue the laser treatments for the rest of your life for the best result. It is your choice and your last decision at the end of the day.
- The other problem is the fact that not everyone gets an effective result. In other words, it might be less effective for some in the advanced stages of hair loss as opposed to those in the early stages, which is demotivating for some patients.
- We said there is no side effect of laser treatment for hair loss. That is correct; however; there are no regulations to have long-term safety and effectiveness. The treatment just happens with the help of laser devices classified as medical devices by the FDA.
What does it mean? It means they do not have the same level of scrutiny and testing that medicines go through prior to approval because of unestablished long-term safety and long-term effectiveness yet.
- If you use some medicines regularly, it might be dangerous. because the laser treatment can interact with certain medications you have used regularly. It is important especially for those taking medications that are photosensitizing that is a chemical alteration to the skin that increases someone’s sensitivity to light.
- Although there is no scientific explanation, laser treatment ways are more effective for traditional pattern hair loss, which is commonly known as androgenetic alopecia.
When deciding laser therapy, you should take into consideration your skin color because the laser works better for fair skin than dark or darker types. For example, for darker skin types, the hair follicles compete to get the attention of the laser when applied.
Some Laser Hair Growth Products You Can Find on the Market
It is one of the newest methods of hair loss problems. As a new treatment way, these devices promote hair growth by using concentrated light that stimulates hair follicles.
However, if you want to take an efficient result, it might be better for you to use other hair treatment ways too. Although it is important to reduce the inflammation in follicles that keeps them from regrowing, generally doctors suggest having low-level laser therapy (LLLT) when used to treat male pattern hair loss until more research-proven comes to the scene for us.
How should you use laser comb? You should have it at least three times per week. Please do not forget that, for the best result, you should keep each treatment session will take about 15 minutes.
The first thing to do for you at the beginning is to place the laser comb that has its teeth directly touching the scalp on the very front of your hairline. After that, you should move your laser comb through your hair slowly so that you will not hurt yourself.
As the final step, you can move the laser comb about a one-half inch every four seconds. Do not forget to repeat the same thing regularly at least three times per week over these areas for the duration of the session.
You should be careful about the fact that it is very critic that all the teeth should be making contact with your scalp so that this ensures that the lasers are penetrating completely.
On the lower end, quality combs will cost about $200. However, they can easily go up to $1000.
Helmets are also popular alternatives for laser treatment against hair loss problems.
They resemble a typical bicycle helmet, which you should place on the head and keep remaining there for the duration of the treatment session. According to some studies, for those use helmet tools as laser treatment techniques, a 35% increase is seen in hair growth when used regularly over a period of time.
If you want to try helmets, you can find some online and at health and beauty stores. The price depends on the brand and where to buy from a few hundred to one thousand.
Unfortunately, the laser helmet for hair loss is not FDA-approved. In other words, there are not any clinical guidelines for use. Yet, I can suggest you use your hair laser helmet every other day for 25 minutes each session as one of the common usage ways. It would be a good idea to only carry out for 16 weeks total.
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System you can find on Amazon is also known as iRestore Essential, ID-500.
If you are serious about following the laser treatment way, it is a very good and safe product for you since it is an FDA-cleared hair loss treatment and medical device for treating alopecia, receding hairline, balding and thinning hair in order to stimulate hair regrowth for both men and women.
It is safe in term of health issues because iRestore has been clinically studied by doctors and been proven to promote hair regrowth for men and women in a recent 2017 research study.
Apart from that, it is also safe in terms of financial issues since there is a 6-Month 100% Money Back Guarantee. In other words, if you don’t see results with our laser hair loss products in 6 months, you can take money back.
It has a handy and portable device which you can use to track your session time. After the use of a few months, you’ll notice that your hair is thicker and fuller than ever before.
It is also good to know that it is valid and effective for both man and woman. If you use it regularly, your hair will grow thicker, fuller, and healthier in a short time period with iRestore’s clinical-strength laser hair restoration technology.
Here is some advice to use The iRestore System:
- They are so confident that you will experience to grow hair and stop it from thinning that they provide a full money-back guarantee if you don’t see results within six months of purchasing it.
- The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is safe enough to use every other day, which is very good and effective compared to other devices for serious hair loss problems.
- Each treatment session should last 25 minutes (should not be more than 25 minutes) and the device automatically shuts off when it’s finished. You should be careful about it.
- You should never stare directly into the laser light as it might damage your eyes so bad.
- You also need to be sure about the fact that your hair is dry before use, and you should keep the device away from water and wet areas.
- The other thing you should remember is that you should keep it out of reach of pets and children.
- I suggest you be patient during the process because according to the results, most users experience some positive results within two to six months. You should not give up for the first months for your good.
3. Laser Treatment Wands
This tool is not known well as other devices such as laser comb and helmets.
It is called wand because it can be waved over the scalp just as it sounds. Like other devices laser treatment devices, it is a good idea to keep using wands about three times per week.
I also recommend you separate your hair into sections when using wands to target better your hair scalp of each section specifically.
It might be harmful to keep holding it a very long time. That is why you should keep only contact the device for a maximum of 20 seconds for each section.
If you wonder where to buy it, you should do some research on the Internet. You can find it online easier than any store because t is rare to see it because of its less usage. Finally, you may have a few options in the below $100 range.
The Growth Cycle of Hair after Laser Treatment
There are three main stages of the hair growth cycle with laser treatment ways.
The first phase is called the anagen phase. It is also known as the growth stage. In this stage of the hair cycle, the hair shaft is actively growing inside the follicle, and you will have new rapidly dividing cells being supplied by the dermal papilla.
The length of the anagen phase determines the maximum hair length. For example, people who have very long hair have a very long anagen phase. Eyelashes, eyebrows, and body hair have shorter growth phases than for the hair on your head, which is why they are much shorter than scalp hair. Probably, you will have this stage between 2 and 8 years.
To maximize the anagen phase, keep your body and your hair healthy by doing the following:
Get plenty of sleep
Reduce stress levels
Avoid crash diets and cleanses
Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of foods rich in protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin C
This the second stage of hair growth. It is called the catagen phase, which is also known as the degradation phase. In this stage, your hair follicle pulls away from the dermal papilla, and the hair follicle is no longer being supplied with the new cells from the dermal papilla.
It will be the reason why the hair stops growing. Unlike the first stage called the anagen phase, this one usually lasts about 2 and 4 weeks.
The last of the three stages is called the telogen phase. It is also called as the resting phase. This stage is where your hair follicle remains inactive. Also, the hair shaft usually stays in place until the follicle cycles back to the anagen phase where the new hair shaft emerges and pushes out the old one.
It is commonly known that 10-15% of all hairs are in this phase at any one time. The telogen phase might last about 2 and 4 months.
How to Detect Hair Loss Problem Needed the Laser Treatment
Here are the conditions you will realize that you have a serious hair loss problem, and it is time for you to take the action:
- When you see a few hairs on your pillow or bar of soap
- When you have thin-looking hair after you swim or take a shower
- When you see a widow’s peak in front of the mirror
- When you have an itchy scalp
- When you have a white bulb on your hair that falls out naturally
- When you have a bald grandfather on a certain side of your family
All the above are the things you need to be worried about the future of your hair.
Things You Should Avoid After the Laser Treatment
- Smoking Habits: For those who are addicted smokers, here is a piece of bad news: smoking and hair loss have a negative connection. It has not only negative effects on your lungs but also your hair health. To prevent your air loss as soon as possible, you should quit smoking as soon as possible as a hair loss treatment.
- Unbalanced Diets: A well-balanced diet means that it should include a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, unsaturated fats, and lean proteins in your diet. As the trend nowadays, it should be certainly limited in terms of sweet and sugar intake, but rich in certain vitamins and minerals because they are strongly connected to your healthy hair. You should avoid an unhealthy type of eating habits not to face again hair loss problems.
- Checkup Procrastination: You should have check-up regularly so that you will avoid encountering again hair loss problem because of some health problems: diabetes, lupus, lichen planus, sarcoidosis, scalp psoriasis, alopecia areata, thyroid conditions, eating disorders to check poor nutrition condition, iron deficiency anemia, hair-pulling disorder (trichotillomania), celiac disease, syphilis. All are strongly related to hair loss problems.
- Hair Styling Habits: For women who have hair loss problems, they should avoid tightly bound styles as a hairstyle. In fact, braids, buns, or ponytails are very risky for hair loss treatment as you should resist twisting or rubbing your hair carefully.
When taking a shower and bath, you should be careful, too. For example, it is better to gently wash or brush your hair when switching to a wide-toothed comb. You should prevent pulling at the roots during you take a shower.
- Chemical Products: Apart from that, you should be careful about the tools and chemicals you use for your hair. It is better to use natural products like a shampoo and hair conditioner. When it comes to hair comb, it might be risky if you use it not under control. You should use your hair combs with wider spaces between bristles in order to avoid harsh treatments and hairstyles, as well as to avoid pulling or twisting hair in a bad way.
- Some Medications: Some certain medications and painkillers might be a reason for hair loss problem again. That is why you should switch your medications so that you can avoid the side effect of hair loss. Preventing a problem is better and more advantageous than having the real problem which needs treatment with more costly effort in terms of financial conditions and time management, to be honest. You should take some advice from your doctor.